Mmmmm..... thick and creamy with cheesy goodness. Not to meantion the crisp bacon and perfect touch of green onion! Such a beautiful combination of potato soup and a loaded baked potato. This comfort soup does its job nicely. Now I want to bunker down for the winter while eating a delicious bowl of this soup!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Scrub potatoes, pat dry & cover with foil. Bake for 75 minutes at 350 or until tender; cool completely.(Or use leftover potatoes from another meal)
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a large pot melt the butter, stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Use a whisk to make sure any lumps from the flour are smoothed out.
- Gradually add milk a 2 cups at a time. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for a couple minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cubed potatoes. Heat until warm. Mix in sour cream.
- Garnish with bacon, cheese, and green onions. Yield 8 servings.