- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 C long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 C chicken broth
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir until the onion is soft but not brown. Stir in the rice until it is well-coated. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover, decrease the heat, and simmer until the rice is tender and teh liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.