Sometimes, your just in the mood for breakfast for dinner. If your like me,splattering bacon, flipping pancakes,and scrambling eggs are too much work! This recipe for the Ultimate Breakfast Casserole was easy to put together and so filling! I would have this every week for breakfast or dinner. We had ample leftovers with our family of 3. Everybody loved it and couldn't wait for the leftovers. I was a little shocked something that a simple as a breakfast casserole could evoke suck emotions, but it did! Even my little toddler shoveled this as fast as he could.
Ultimate Breakfast Casserole (adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Season beaten eggs with pepper; pour into baking dish. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, hash browns, ham, onion and cheese. Stir egg and soup mixture together and pour into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove and drizzle butter over top of casserole. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until golden.
My little bug was happy with HAPPY with this recipe!