Nana's Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a microwave safe casserole dish pour enough water to reach 1 1/2 inches in depth. Place the squash halves cut side down in the water, and pierce the skin with a fork a few times. Microwave on high for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- Sprinkle each half with salt and pepper to taste. Place 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in each half.
- Broil 5 minutes, or until butter is melted. Mix the melted butter and sugar into the flesh, and serve