Turkey Burger Drumsticks
I admit, I'm obsessed with turkey. It always seems like I'm making things with ground turkey. I saw this recipe in a Rachael Ray magazine and knew I would love it! Ground turkey stuffed with cheese and coated with crusty cornflakes? Yes, Please. The only thing I did differently is to cook the nuggets first and THEN put them on a skewer. I don't know HOW in the heck you would be able to maneuver them in the pan with the stick??? Sooooo good!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 5 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 ounces medium-hard cheese
- In a bowl, mix the turkey, 1/4 cup evaporated milk, the onion and 2/3 cup cornflakes; season with salt and pepper. Divide into 12 portions. Cut the cheese into 12 small sticks and thread onto each of 12 skewers. Wet your hands with evaporated milk, then mold some meat around each cheese piece, shaping into 3-inch ovals. Pour the remaining milk into a bowl. Add the remaining cornflakes to a plate. Dip each "drumstick" into the milk, then coat with the cornflakes. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry each drumstick until browned, about 12 minutes.
Post a Comment