- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 C long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 C chicken broth
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir until the onion is soft but not brown. Stir in the rice until it is well-coated. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover, decrease the heat, and simmer until the rice is tender and teh liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog! The rice pilaf recipe on your blog looks so good, and probably so much less sodium than rice a roni!ReplyDelete